Diversity & Equality Policy
The policy of Momentum Support in respect of Diversity and Equality is to provide diversity and equality to all our employment regardless of their gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, age, disability, race or membership of the Traveller community. Momentum Support opposes all forms of unlawful discrimination.
Diversity is based on a positive attitude to difference which recognises that everyone is different and these differences should be respected and encouraged for the good of Momentum Support and the employee.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and equally. Equal treatment does not mean that all employees must be treated the same in all circumstances as the application of the same rules in different situations can give rise to discrimination.
Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude & ability.
All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of Momentum Support.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment which promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- We will provide equality training for all staff.
- The commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- Breaches of our Diversity and Equality Policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This Policy is fully supported by Senior Management.
- The Policy will be monitored & reviewed annually.
As an employee you can expect:
- To be treated fairly and without discrimination during your employment commencing with recruitment processes and having access to training and advancement based on merit.
- To be fairly appraised and rewarded for your personal contribution to Momentum Support.
- To work in a healthy & and safe environment free from hazards.
- To access opportunities for training and development to enable you to develop to your full potential.
- To be supported in balancing your work and home life commitments and to have your request considered objectively in line with business needs.
- To be treated with dignity and respect in a fair and consistent manner in an environment where inappropriate behaviour is not acceptable.
This organization is committed to promoting equality for all. Therefore if you believe you have been subject to discrimination in employment which is in direct conflict with our commitment to equality of opportunity, you should consider raising this with your line manager or trying to resolve it yourself. Alternatively, consider registering a complaint through the agreed grievance procedures.
As an employee you also have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect. If you have been found to have acted in a discriminatory manner, appropriate disciplinary procedures will apply.
We support this diversity policy by providing further information to staff through staff induction, training and internal communications.
Click here to download diversity-policy-and-procedure